Glad to find you all!

Introduce yourself to the community - we're so glad to have you here!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Glad to find you all!

Postby KatieCat » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:10 am

Hi! I am so glad I found this forum.

When I was a little girl my mother got me the Twinkling Sledding Party set for my birthday. From then on I was obsessed. Most of mine were bought second hand, but I didn't care at all. I would set up elaborate villages and all the pet shops would have their own rooms. They all had their own personality and backstory, and my favorites all had names. I would play with my friends and one of us would always have an evil queen and the other a good queen, and they would fight for power. Those were some of the best times of my childhood.

I'm moving 3000 miles away, so I have to go through my old stuff. It's been so fun going through my old toys, but unfortunately I'm going to have to try to rehome (sell) all but my favorites. Can anyone suggest the best way to do this? I have 40 gallon bin and a 20 gallon bin full, but almost no complete sets.

Also, I'm not sure how I go about getting on the price check board?

PS, my favorites are Twinkling Sledding Party, the Water Garden Kitties, the Magic Waterfall Pets, and the Royal Palace Ponies (except I LOST the pink one)!
KatieCat

Re: Glad to find you all!

Postby jeapos88 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:36 pm

Welcome!

I would say the best way is to list everything. If you have most of a set list it together, and then list individual pieces separate, you never know what someone is looking for. That's a lot easier than listing everything individually, or posting pics of lots.

Ps: I'll let you on the price check board.
I love cats, It's people I can't stand
jeapos88

Postby loves toys » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:16 pm

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here!

I agree with jeapos, you could get together what you can of each set and take a post a picture of each "set".

If you need any help identifying anything, let us know, we're always happy to help! :D
loves toys

Postby jillrose » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:05 pm

Welcome to the forum :)
Most Wanted: Purple Silky Kitty; crouching tan EU Ride'n'Slide hamster; Baby Buddies pony and duckling
jillrose

Postby Tosh » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:27 pm

Welcome!! So glad you found us! I'm sure we will be able to help you find good homes for your childhood treasures :)
Tosh

Postby Nina:) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:49 am

Welcome :)
Nina:)

Postby phoebemiller » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:26 am

Welcome! Best of luck listing your items. When you do list them, please post a link in the Forum Sales to let us know. I'm still looking for a few things. I didn't even know those "light up" sets existed until I started looking to buy recently! They are so beautiful, especially the sledding party. Growing up I had the polar pets, the monkeys, hamsters, puppy pals, and the bunnies. I think that was it, yet I was the happiest little girl playing with those LPS toys. I'm collecting for my daughters now.
phoebemiller

Postby Waylah » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:16 am

Welcome!

I actually have a spare pink horse from the royal palace ponies. Do you want to replace your missing pony?
0047.jpg
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Return to Introductions