I got a bonus LPS brochure! So much excitement!

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

I got a bonus LPS brochure! So much excitement!

Postby jillrose » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:51 pm

I recently purchased a Star Styles Pet Salon on Ebay. It came in its original box, although the box was pretty badly beaten up & carefully taped - far from a mint condition, not that I cared! - and the seller noted that it also had the original instructions.

My collection has been in disarray for several weeks as I've been working on the display cabinets, and so my pet salon actually stayed in the postal box, untouched and stowed way on top of the cabinet so that it wouldn't get mixed in with all the other stuff I was attempting to sort. I ended up just opening it a few nights ago, nearly a month after purchasing :shock: oops!

So imagine my shock when I dump out the box contents at long last, and there, hapahazardly folded in with the instructions, is a BROCHURE!!! One that I've never seen before - AND IT SHOWS THE PONY AND PET STABLE! :D

I absolutely loved the brochures as a kid, and do receive one as a total surprise had me overjoyed, especially since it wasn't one I'd ever seen, much less had in my own collection of paper goodies.

That being said, of course I'm going to share all the page photos here :) Has anyone else seen this one? Pardon my fingers trying to flatten the pages! ;)

IMG_7468.JPG

IMG_7469.JPG

IMG_7470.JPG

More to follow in the comments!
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Re: I got a bonus LPS brochure! So much excitement!

Postby jillrose » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:53 pm

IMG_7471.JPG

IMG_7472.JPG

IMG_7474.JPG
jillrose

Postby jillrose » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:54 pm

IMG_7475.JPG

IMG_7476.JPG

IMG_7477.JPG
jillrose

Postby jillrose » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:55 pm

IMG_7478.JPG

IMG_7479.JPG

That's it for LPS, IMPs, and Baby Buddies :) There were more pages with dolls on them though.

Looking at the old ads just makes me smile for hours :D
jillrose

Postby 8Caroline8 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:44 pm

This is so cool congrats! I have seen the image in the first picture but i am unsure of where i have seen it. I think just in google images and i don't think it was in the shape of the brochure! Also is the baby buddies pink trunk the normal one or in the promotional picture is that a pink zoo trunk i couldn't see very well.
8Caroline8

Postby jillrose » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:07 pm

It's the notmal one. The fold in the brochure distorts its proportions.

And can we discuss that gray kitten in the promo photo?! :o I spy a prototype!!!
jillrose

Postby dIGITS » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:47 pm

Congrats! Yes I had a few of these but when I de-cluttered sometime in late elementary I got down to just the one. I would keep my extras to circle the sets I wanted. This is where I first discovered baby buddies :D ( though I never got any I don't think they came to stores around me but even if they did my mom wouldn't let me get them because I didn't like the babies and she thought it was a waste of money)

There are three brochures in total correct? (For United States of course )
Is seriously addicted to all things adorable.
dIGITS

Postby dIGITS » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:50 pm

jillrose wrote:It's the notmal one. The fold in the brochure distorts its proportions.

And can we discuss that gray kitten in the promo photo?! :o I spy a prototype!!!

Both the gray and orange crouching kitty in baby buddies... Oh I was so pissed when I started collecting as an adult and found out that those ones were never released. I was so excited for those ones as a kid specifically those ones. Argh.
Is seriously addicted to all things adorable.
dIGITS

Postby 8Caroline8 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:20 pm

Yeah i feel like all of the mail order babies are a little different in the promotion photos vs. how they actually produced them. The two grey kittens that are different in pattern not just color are cool though! I think i like them more! On Sarafina's website i have seen the mail order pets photo maybe it was from this brochure? I'm not positive! As for the trunk i was talking about i really am not good at sorting out all of the baby buddie's stuff! :lol: Is there a reason baby buddies are not on e-bay as much as LPS? Was it just not as popular? Oh and may i just say your nails in the pictures are so cool!!
8Caroline8

Postby jillrose » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:36 pm

Hehe! Thank you! Nails are abother hobby of mine.

I think Baby Buddies are just lesser known, and so they show up less on Ebay because sellers don't know what they are or how to properly title their auctions or market them. I bet there are many auctions for them that go completely under radar ad a result :(
jillrose

Postby phoebemiller » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:51 pm

Neat find! Baby buddies are so cute. I didn't know they had a nursery!!
phoebemiller

Postby 8Caroline8 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:42 pm

Yeah that's kind of what i thought that there is probably auctions but under some random title. Do we know how many typical brochures there are? I have 2. One is from 1992 and the other is the 1993 sets.
8Caroline8

Postby jillrose » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:30 am

There are at least three made exclusively for LPS, plus this one that is mostly LPS but also has other toy lines. I can post pics of the other 3 once I find them!
Last edited by jillrose on Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
jillrose

Postby 8Caroline8 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:04 am

I also found a third i have for the later sets, i'll have to post mine too!
8Caroline8

Return to Pet Shop Talk