Checklist?

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Checklist?

Postby Synthetica » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:37 pm

I've searched the forum and couldn't find a whole lot of info on this - but has anyone made/came across a checklist for LPS that has each set with accessories listed?

I have lots of partial sets due to losing things as a kid and from buying stuff on eBay. I'd love to find a complete checklist so I can get more organized!

If not, I'm seriously considering making one. It might take me forever though. :lol:
Synthetica

Re: Checklist?

Postby 8Caroline8 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:25 pm

Here is a great website i think most collectors use! http://www.vintagelpscollector.com/ I am also working on a checklist despite this website having great pictures and info, i wanted an easier way to check what i have. I spent forever on this and came up with a list by year with all of the sets, but am working at a more in depth one with color variants and all of the parts!
8Caroline8

Postby Synthetica » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:34 pm

I've been using Sarafina's site to ID everything I have (I'd be lost, otherwise!), but I feel like I just need a list to check things off so I can keep track. I'm so lost. :lol:

When you finish your detailed checklist, would you be willing to share it with the community? :)
Synthetica

Postby Waylah » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:30 pm

I've thought about this before - we could have a Google Docs spreadsheet document that we can all edit, with a giant list of all pieces of all sets, and we can each have a colum with our username at the top, and write 'have' or 'want' or 'have spare' for any or all the pieces on the list. It would take a while but if we all pitch in we could do it. When I mentioned it before I think Joey was keen, but then I got busy and forgot about it. Should I start it?
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Postby 8Caroline8 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:14 am

I definitely would share! It has taken me so long to get everything in order! I am trying to name all of the pieces as they appear on the box descriptions of what is included! Also when i describe color i am trying to use the same names of color for different sets so there is some uniformity! Also color variants/international variants are included in my list! I really love the idea of a published LPS collectors guide checklist type book and i know several others have thought of this/ were working on one but i'm not sure if it is still a thing that will actually be happening.I think there is one for my little pony( i don't collect but think i remember seeing this to id stuff i had to sell). I would love some help to create a printable checklist that is really detailed and complete! Right now my list is titled U.S. Releases and then goes by year and assortment. I started with just the basics so i could actually complete and print off something. It's been a challenge trying to keep track of all of the little pieces because i am collecting for my future kids as well as for my two nieces. I also try to keep track of all of my duplicates that i have for sale! My other list that is not printed out yet or finished is formatted the same way except every set has it's own page and is very detailed with every piece,color, and variant available. It would be awesome to split up the work and have everyone who "signs up" to do this be in charge of a certain number of sets! I also think it would be nice to have a list of ways to fix/restore LPS. I know there are some tips on Sarafina's website and also on the forum, but it would be cool to compile all of this information and get it together finally! Also the merchandise section on Sarafina's website is a little outdated now with some of the new finds like the bike ect. Should we start a sign up for who wants to help?
8Caroline8

Postby Waylah » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:49 am

Maybe if we just start, and have it openly accessible, people can contribute when they can. We could make a wiki, or just start with a google spreadsheet.

I like that you're being consistent with naming colours caroline.

OKay so I've started a google spreadsheet. Here it is:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

PLEASE READ
These are the conventions I have made:

Every part has a unique number. Every mold has a unique number. Every sticker or paper piece has a unique number.

For example, the green tag with the Euro sticker has its own part number, part number 11.
This is the part number no matter what set it is in, because it is identical whether it is in the happy puppy set or the toucan set.

The tag has its own mold number. mold number 6. This is the same no matter what colour or sticker it has.

The tag has sticker number 2. All the different coloured Euro tags have sticker number 2.

Every set has every variation listed. This means some identical items are listed twice - for example, line 13 and line 24 both list the same piece, the green tag with the Euro sticker, one for the happy puppy set, and one for the hurrying hamsters. The parts are identical, so they have the same part number.

Is that all clear to understand?

Feel free to add to and edit this document as much as you like. Go nuts! :) Just be careful with those part numbers. Make sure you understand, so you can keep it consistent. This document now belongs to everyone. :D
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Return to Pet Shop Talk