Happy Holidays! 1995 Holiday Catalog Blog Post.

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Happy Holidays! 1995 Holiday Catalog Blog Post.

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:35 pm

Happy Holidays everyone! I thought it would be fun to start off the holiday with a post including 1995 Holiday Catalog scans! 20 years! I had such a rush of nostalgia reading through them and thought I'd share. It includes not only LPS but other toys from that year. Enjoy!

http://vintagelittlestpetshop.com/memor ... -catalogs/
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Re: Happy Holidays! 1995 Holiday Catalog Blog Post.

Postby Bonbon » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:48 am

Thanks you !!!
It's so strange to see the pony'n pet stable in the catalog like the other LPS whereas it was never sold...
It's sad for us...
Bonbon

Postby katze016 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:00 am

Thank you for this!! My sister and I LIVED for the rush of holiday catalogs that arrived in the fall. We'd spend days pouring over them and writing Christmas wishlists that were at least 200 items long. I see so many things here that ended up on those lists. I still have my Bundle of Babies! I wish I'd held on to my Pog collection too.
"All I want to do is dance, until I fall into the undiscovered depths of my mind." ~ unknown
katze016

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:54 pm

He everyone! I posted another entry today about some recent finds. Including a fakie set that I am piecing together. I would love to know if anyone has anymore info on these? Maybe Zuse? I think Leah might have had some photos of these as well? Wondering if they came all together as a set or sold separately. Also any accessories? I know the pink carrier, white carrier and lizard tank are part of this collection as well.

IMG_2301.JPG

If you want to read about the other additions or see more pictures heres the blog link. http://vintagelittlestpetshop.com/?p=1231&preview=true
TequilaMockingbird

Postby styxlver_82 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:27 pm

TequilaMockingbird wrote:He everyone! I posted another entry today about some recent finds. Including a fakie set that I am piecing together. I would love to know if anyone has anymore info on these? Maybe Zuse? I think Leah might have had some photos of these as well? Wondering if they came all together as a set or sold separately. Also any accessories? I know the pink carrier, white carrier and lizard tank are part of this collection as well.

I don't really have any more info pertaining to how they were sold, unfortunately, so I can't be of any help there. As far as accessories, I do have what I believe is very likely the cage for the bird.

I've always loved the toy lizards from this set. :)
Currently looking for the Lamb fact card...please let me know if you have one for sale or trade!
styxlver_82

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:18 am

Thank you! Yes I think that must be the bird cage! It seems to fit in perfectly! I think that must also be the mate to my bird. How cute! Thank you so much. Do you think the pink and white carriers have different color doors originally? And does the bird cage open? It looks so cool! Thanks so much for sharing this. So amazing!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby styxlver_82 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:21 pm

TequilaMockingbird wrote:Do you think the pink and white carriers have different color doors originally? And does the bird cage open?

From the ones I've seen, I would guess that the white carrier came with the pink door and the pink carrier came with the white door (two of mine were purchased individually, two were purchased as a set, and these were the doors they had when I purchased them).

Yes, the cage opens...the clear top cage part twists off of the pink base. Just as a caution though, it's on there pretty tightly, and with the clear hard plastic being somewhat cheaply made, mine had a few cracks to the clear plastic by the time I received it (presumably from the previous owner using to much force to take it off).

Hope that helps!
Currently looking for the Lamb fact card...please let me know if you have one for sale or trade!
styxlver_82

Postby Tosh » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:10 pm

Oh my goodness, the holiday catalog is AMAZING!!! Crazy that the stable was only going to be sold for $24.99 though. Wowzers. If only we had a time machine...
Tosh

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:46 am

More LPS holiday fun if you're interested.

http://vintagelittlestpetshop.com/photo ... christmas/
Attachments
IMG_2371-1.JPG
TequilaMockingbird

Postby jillrose » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:38 am

This just brightens my day!!! :)
Most Wanted: fakie baby pets!
jillrose

Postby Tosh » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:18 pm

This is super adorable!! :D
Tosh

Postby moonlightkitty » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:16 pm

I've wanted to start doing photo stories like that with my pet shops and legos, but I can never think of anything interesting enough. I love your stories! I loved the gerbil waiting to get apple cider. SO STONKING CUTE.
[Blog]
Most wanted: paw print club kittens and puppies!
moonlightkitty

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:25 pm

Thank you!! :D If you do happen to have any ideas I'm always open. I love having mini photo shoots. :P
TequilaMockingbird

Return to Pet Shop Talk