Has anyone been scammed?

Chat about anything LPS-related!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

Has anyone been scammed?

Postby 8Caroline8 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi everyone i am just wondering if anyone has ever been scammed buying Littlest Pet Shop before? I just paid $200 for 3 boxes of littlest pet shop from PJ's ToyBox on facebook and paid through pay-pal. There was supposed to be nip things included and a ton of loose stuff. One of the things i really was looking forward to finally getting was a moc deer family. Also guppies,glittering gold fish,take care pup,ect. I just opened my packages and the first thing i noticed was the deer set mip was not included. Then i started noticing more things were not included. It's like this lady sold the valuable stuff to another collector and hoped i wouldn't notice! I facebook messaged her and she said "it should be in there i kept all the mip stuff together" and kept beating around the bush. Also i was supposed to get 2 take care centers in the box and one loose and i didn't even receive one of the in the box sets. She just told me she wasn't home so she couldn't look right now and that she can't find our previous conversation anymore even though facebook doesn't delete messages anymore and that is the only way we have communicated. So i am just wondering if anyone on here possibly bought from her and got the deer set moc along with some of the other more hard to find things? She told me she only wanted to sell as a lot when i asked if i could buy separately so i am just so confused on what to do here... Does pay-pal offer any security when you pay for goods or services? She also asked me to send it as a friend instead of like a business which i did not do. Sorry for the long long rant!! I can't believe this happened! Now she is acting all defensive saying "I am shocked i thought you would be happy with this transaction"... I am so glad i didn't pay shipping until it arrived, now i am in a position where i don't know what to do? Help!
8Caroline8

Re: Has anyone been scammed?

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:05 pm

I'm so sorry that happened to you! :o
I am sure there must be some recourse, especially if you paid with Paypal and indicated that it was for goods and services. I usually say yes when someone asks to send as friend but now I definitely won't if I don't know them!. Thats so disappointing. It seems like this should have been a great lot. I hope it is just a misunderstanding and there is another box with the rest of your items. But if not then I hope you get your money back. I would contact Paypal if you don't hear from her in the next day or so.
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby jeapos88 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:14 pm

If you sent the payment as goods/services then yes PayPal will refund your money. Sending it as a friend has no recourse, its just gone.
I love cats, It's people I can't stand
jeapos88

Postby 8Caroline8 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:14 pm

Yeah i have been told by her multiple times that there should have only been 3 boxes, However there is so much missing it is like she sold it to someone else. I used to be so trusting of littlest pet shop transactions that i never worried much that someone would do this.NEVER AGAIN! I am trying to give her the benefit of the doubt but i can tell now that i am just being lied to. It is pretty sad that people do this out there. I feel like i will stick to e-bay now!
8Caroline8

Postby 8Caroline8 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:16 pm

Maybe that is why she asked me to send the money that way then. So glad i didn't, i thought it was kind of weird when she asked me to. I will try to contact pay-pal. I hope this never happens to anyone!
8Caroline8

Postby Waylah » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:52 am

Oh man that's really frustrating. Good thing you paid by paypal as pay for goods; you can get your money back. I'd suggest sending a plain language message saying very clearly something like:

"Thanks for your help so far, I understand mistakes happen. These are the items I paid for that did not arrive: {list}. If you find them at home, please send them. If you cannot find them at home, just let me know and refund me $x. If I do not receive either the missing items or the refund by {date}, I'll request refunding through Paypal. Hopefully you can locate the missing items so we can complete the trade as agreed."

and if she argues with you about it, just ignore it and stick to your plan. Send back the exact same message above again if necessary.

Maybe we should keep a sticky "bad trade" thread so we can keep track of who to be careful with? And maybe general pointers like "always tick 'paying for goods' when paying with paypal", and the CE issue with importing to Germany, and related trade woes, to keep the warnings together in one thread?
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Postby Waylah » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:01 am

Also I wonder if the facebook is an online arm of this business? (probably just a coincidence, though if the review is anything to go on...)
http://www.yelp.com.au/biz/pjs-toy-box-menifee
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Postby 8Caroline8 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:04 pm

Yes good ideas because i really don't want this to happen to anyone else. This lady is completely ignoring me now so i am just going to go through pay-pal. Does anyone know how it works will i keep the stuff i did get ect.
8Caroline8

Postby jeapos88 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:32 am

8Caroline8 wrote:Yes good ideas because i really don't want this to happen to anyone else. This lady is completely ignoring me now so i am just going to go through pay-pal. Does anyone know how it works will i keep the stuff i did get ect.

When going through PayPal for a refund, PayPal is a kind of mediator to try to get the seller to resolve the issue on their own. If they still won't cooperate PayPal will still issue a refund. Usually yes, you have to send the item back, but they can also give you a partial refund for what you didn't get, and you keep what you did get.
I love cats, It's people I can't stand
jeapos88

Postby moonlightkitty » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:27 pm

You can open a dispute with Paypal up to six months after the transaction.

I don't buy internationally anymore after I bought another collectable off a Canadian and it took almost six months to get to my place and be returned to sender with no indication of why. I never got a slip telling me it had arrived and the return to sender sticker wasn't filled out. Unfortunately I still had to pay shipping for something I never got, and I had to threaten the girl several times that I would open a Paypal dispute resolution before I got my partial refund.
[Blog]
Most wanted: paw print club kittens and puppies!
moonlightkitty

Postby LPS-in-Germany » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:49 am

May I ask how the story ended? :o
It's so annoying to have experiences like these....
"Now I'm not looking for an absolution, forgiveness for the things I do - but before you come to any conclusions,
try walking in my shoes, try walking in my shoes
"

--> Wishlist: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5188
LPS-in-Germany

Return to Pet Shop Talk