New admin/ownership team!

View rules and talk about updates with the forum.

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

New admin/ownership team!

Postby sarafina » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:54 am

Hi friends,

A lot of really, really big changes (most of them wonderful!) have fallen into my lap over the past week or so. On top of these life changes, I've also been feeling physically unwell, leaving me a bit overwhelmed and worse for wear. Trying to balance everything on top of the usual day-to-day of family & work is proving to be exhausting! My time and energy will be greatly depleted soon, so I've been doing some consideration.

After a great deal of soul-searching, I've decided to step down from the role of admin/"owner" of the forum, and I'm passing it on to a new team of admins/owners. :) The amazing loves toys and jeapos88 will be starting off this new transition, and I'm so grateful to these dear friends for being willing to care for the forum. They have complete access to the server, domain registrar, and forum/database.

I realize, of course, that I'm the one who posed the question of starting a new forum in the first place, and I opted to keep this new forum open after we found that the original forum's hosting would remain up indefinitely. I never anticipated so many exciting changes happening all at once in my life! One of my big reasons for starting this new forum & then keeping it up was to allow the active folks in the LPS community to maintain some semblance of autonomy and control over their community. I wanted the active folks to be able to update the forum as they see fit, make complete backups, etc...and my passing on this role to a new team will help to ensure that, as I'm seeing my own impending limitations quite clearly.

I've been working to help the new team transition into this role, since I don't want them to step in blindly and feel overwhelmed. As you know, numerous issues have cropped up over the months with the forum's database. After moving the forum to an upgraded server, several crashes occurred - but the lovely host ran several diagnostic 'fixes' for the database on their end, and so far (knock on wood!), things seem to be running smoothly. My hope is that that will continue, and I've done my best to work out the kinks and get the database cleaned up so that I can hand it all to a new team in what I hope is a better condition than what I started with. ;)

I'll still try to pop in, since I really love this amazing group of friends, but I won't be a reliable, regular person here for much longer. I do believe that this is the best decision, not just for me personally given my life changes, but also for the forum as a whole - the forum deserves to have some active folks looking after it. :)

Thank you so much in advance for your understanding regarding this...you've all always been so gracious and supportive of me, and I'm truly thankful for that. I'm SO excited for loves toys and jeapos88 to be kicking off this new admin era!

Also, you can contact the admin team via e-mail at vintagelpsforum [at] gmail [dot] com.

With hugs,
Sarafina
Thanks to Lindsay1988 for my signature & Patty Krizan for the signature/avatar art!
sarafina

Re: New admin/ownership team!

Postby MoondancerMilkyWay » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:22 am

Congrats to the new admin team!!
MoondancerMilkyWay

Postby ibuildabrit » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Thank you to the new admin team! I appreciate all the effort that you will put into the forum!

Also Sarafina, please don't be a stranger!!
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
e. e. cummings
ibuildabrit

Postby LPS-in-Germany » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:05 am

Now as I have also read your message on your homepage it's more real...
I guess we're all happy if you are :) :)

But really, I fear to loose not only a top admin but also a great friend!!! Your situation is clear and there is nothing to add. I wish you success and the best for all your plans and changes but please - as Brittany says - keep on visiting us from time to time!!

<3 <3
"Now I'm not looking for an absolution, forgiveness for the things I do - but before you come to any conclusions,
try walking in my shoes, try walking in my shoes
"

--> Wishlist: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5188
LPS-in-Germany

Postby sarafina » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:07 am

I'm so grateful to everyone in this wonderful community for your support and understanding of my changing time commitments! Thank you for the kind notes. :) I will certainly continue to stop by when I can (and update my web site when I can, too!), but I know that I won't be able to be as present or as reliable as I had been.

And, again, I'm so grateful to the stellar new admin team for letting me hand the care of this forum over to them - we have such an amazing group of people here!! :)
Thanks to Lindsay1988 for my signature & Patty Krizan for the signature/avatar art!
sarafina

Postby LPS-in-Germany » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:28 pm

..mmmh, in this context I have the question of who to contact when there are any technical issues?
I have the problem that new pm's are not shown at the top of the page...

And in general I'd like to ask how many of you got it managed, that your feedback-lists came over!!
This is even more important to me than the message-thing (as long as I know it now, I can check if new messages have been arrived).

Sorry....I hope this is not the wrong place, but this still bothers me. :)
"Now I'm not looking for an absolution, forgiveness for the things I do - but before you come to any conclusions,
try walking in my shoes, try walking in my shoes
"

--> Wishlist: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5188
LPS-in-Germany

Postby jillrose » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:59 am

For moving feedback over, I just took a screenshot of what ain't had on the old forum and pasted the image into a fresh thread for myself :) That way, everything was there quickly and without having to worry about a more tech-savvy solution! Hehehe.
Most Wanted: Purple Silky Kitty; crouching tan EU Ride'n'Slide hamster; Baby Buddies pony and duckling
jillrose

Postby loves toys » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:50 am

For technical issues you can contact me and Jeapos88, and we will try our best to get it figured out. :) As for the pm issue, is anyone else currently having this problem?
I know it's harder to tell if you have new messages than it was on the other forum, with the big "new message" box popping up on the other forum. On here I think it's just the change of a number.
Screen Shot 2014-08-24 at 10.10.20 AM.png

About the feedback lists, not all of everyone's feedback came over during the move since no one had full access to everything behind the scenes. Only 2 out of 17 came over for me. ;) I think the best way is what Jillrose said, take a screen shot from the old forum and post the screen shot under your feedback here.

I don't know if this helped any. ;)
loves toys

Return to Forum Announcements