G2/G3 LPS board

View rules and talk about updates with the forum.

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

G2/G3 LPS board

Postby sarafina » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:23 pm

Since some of our lovely members here are also collectors of G2/G3 LPS, I added a board for them!

viewforum.php?f=46

[Edit: board deleted and idea tabled!]
Thanks to Lindsay1988 for my signature & Patty Krizan for the signature/avatar art!
sarafina

Re: G2/G3 LPS board added

Postby jillrose » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:54 am

I hate to be the first to post a dissenting opinion, but I am not a fan of this idea. We have areas for "other collectibles," and I feel like G2/G3 LPS should be confined there rather than giving it its own forum. Sticking to Kenner LPS is what made this community unique and special. :(
Most Wanted: Purple Silky Kitty; crouching tan EU Ride'n'Slide hamster; Baby Buddies pony and duckling
jillrose

Re: G2/G3 LPS board added

Postby sarafina » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:40 am

I totally understand where you're coming from, and as there have been several strong opinions against adding this board, I'll delete the board and will consider the idea tabled - if additional folks want to add any opinions one way or the other, that's of course more than welcome. :) I do want to emphasize that my intention was not at all to draw away from the uniqueness of our amazing community, but rather to add another venue for some of our members who are fans of multiple gens.

This idea for a single, catchall G2 board had been a forming idea for me for awhile - we have several longtime members here who are collectors of multiple generations of LPS. At the original forum, we'd periodically see sale/trade listings, wishlists, etc. posted for G2 LPS, though they'd be posted in our usual "For Sale" board or wherever, and I thought it could be helpful to have a board specifically for those later-gen posts that we saw crop up sometimes. My thought was that as many G2 LPS forums have a board for G1s to accommodate G1 collectors, I could add a catchall G2 board for folks who are interested in later/multiple gens here.

Anyway, I just wanted to get my thought process out there so that you know that I didn't have an intention of marring our community in any way. :oops: I value this community so much, and I'm really sorry for having put the essence of the community into question in any way for anyone - that wasn't my intention at all, but rather to include an interest that several of our members have in the Off Topic section.

Thanks for being willing to voice your opinions! Feel free to post here or PM if you'd like to chat further! :) I'm thinking that for future reference, I'll take some sort of informal poll to determine the additions of new boards. :)
Thanks to Lindsay1988 for my signature & Patty Krizan for the signature/avatar art!
sarafina

Re: G2/G3 LPS board

Postby LPS-in-Germany » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:24 am

I personally totally dislike the newer generations of LPS either.
On the other hand a special board for collectors of these toys might avoid that things are getting mixed up...This was exactely what bothered me in the "old" forum.

I also think that the idea of a small board for their own (we also have a board for the Baby Buddies fans even though not everybody here collects them) is not a bad idea. OK - Baby Buddies are also a Kenner brand and look similar (at least the pets & some accessoiries) to the LPS-toys but I personally think these dolls are ugly :? :? The newer "Littlest Pet Shops" by Hasbro are also ugly but, however, they are at least the the successors of our favorite toys PLUS they have the same name.

I mean, if we talk about the "collecting community vibe" we should not close our minds to these collectors, especially because we already have G2 &G3 collectors among us...This whole thing might sound mean and excluding to newer but also longtime members. Additionally it's not in conformity with the desire for a closer relationship to Hasbro (more attention to the G1 community).

This forum - WITH a G2/G3 board or not - it is still a thoroughly characterized G1 LPS forum and I wouldn't feel forced to visit this G2/G3 board. I am pretty sure, it wouldn't affect the forum's daily life in any way, as well as I don't feel bothered by the Baby Buddies' board!
"Now I'm not looking for an absolution, forgiveness for the things I do - but before you come to any conclusions,
try walking in my shoes, try walking in my shoes
"

--> Wishlist: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5188
LPS-in-Germany

Return to Forum Announcements