FAQ

View rules and talk about updates with the forum.

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

FAQ

Postby sarafina » Mon May 26, 2014 12:58 pm

With the move, I figure it would be helpful to develop a FAQ for the new forum...I'll get things started with a few questions, but if you have anything to add, please do so! :)

Q: Will there be more styles available?
A: Yes indeedy! Much to my surprise, getting a "style" ready for the forum is a lot of work...I figured it would be simple but was wrong. :roll: More styles will be added shortly, though!

Q: How can I tell when a board has been updated with new posts/comments?
A: At the moment, an updated board has a blue circle icon next to it (rather than a pink circle). It's not very noticeable, so I'll hopefully get some more icons installed to make that more obvious.

Q: I'd like PMs to pop-up in a new window/not pop-up in a new window - what do I do?
A: Follow these steps:
  • Go to User Control Panel
  • Click on the Board Preferences tab
  • Go to the Edit Global Settings page (should be the page you land on by default)
  • Where it says "Pop up window on new private message", select "Yes" or "No"

Q: How do I change my default language for the forum?
  • Click on User Control Panel
  • Click on the Board Preferences tab
  • In Edit Global Settings (the landing page for Board Preferences), go to My Language, and select your preferred language from the drop-down list. If your language isn't listed but you'd like to see it added, please PM me!

Q: Regarding PMs: what are the Outbox and Sent box folders for?
A: Messages in the "Outbox" are PMs that you've sent but that haven't been read by their recipients. Once they've been read, they're moved to the "Sent" box.

Q: How do I change my avatar?
  • Go to User Control Panel
  • Click on the Profile tab
  • Click Edit Avatar link on the left side
  • Upload your image
Thanks to Lindsay1988 for my signature & Patty Krizan for the signature/avatar art!
sarafina

Return to Forum Announcements