2017 Holiday Swap

Join in on our forum's swaps!

Moderators: zuse, loves toys, styxlver_82, jeapos88

2017 Holiday Swap

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:51 am

Hello friends! The holidays are quickly approaching and I'm so excited to be doing another swap this year!

(I've copied and pasted below from the 2015 swap, thanks Waylah!)

For those who might be new to this, this is how it works:
Everyone wanting to participate will carefully read the instructions in this post, then post in this thread. Then, when the sign-up deadline passes, everyone will receive a PM telling them who their recipient is. You will be posting to this person. The person you will prepare a parcel for will not necessarily be the person you receive a parcel from. Everyone will let me know when you have sent your parcel, so that I can ensure everything is going smoothly. When you receive your parcel, you can post in the 'brag' thread to share the fun! This also lets me know that everything has arrived safe and sound, but PM when you get your parcel if you are not posting photos straight away.

Sign-up Deadline: November 12 (This is soon, to give enough time to shop/make/pack. If more that one person miss this sign-up deadline, I'm happy to add them in, but there will be less surprise about who their partner is!)
Mailing Deadline: Domestic - December 9
International - December 2
(if you encounter unexpected problems causing delays, please PM me.)

The Rules:

The number one most important rule: Have fun!

Minimum value of box contents is $20, not including packing or shipping
*NOTE: You're welcome to spend more than $20 on your box's contents. Please realise, though, that the box you receive may not be of equal $$ value to the one you sent.

Theme: Holidays/ seasons! Your swap partner's wishlist will indicate which holiday they celebrate or if they would prefer a season-themed box. Or both! If your partner says they love having things themed, then go for wild with that theme! It's all about fun!

For the main goodies in your box, try to include as many LPS items as possible...otherwise, try to stick to your partner's other wishlist items. (A few venues to purchase LPS from, besides forum members and ebay, are Emery's Emporium, Sassi Toys, Pranceatron, and the Toy Stable).

Items within the swap box should be individually wrapped.

Box must include a card - either handmade or store-bought. Include your forum screen name in the card.

Do not include any damaged items in your box - no baits allowed, unless your swap partner specifically mentions an interest in having baity items for customizing, etc.! (for any new people, a 'bait' is a piece that is damaged or worn out. Some people restore them or modify them to make new little works of art.) You want to give your partner the sort of experience that you would love to receive, so nothing in poor condition.

You're welcome to include homemade goodies in the box!

Include some store-bought candies or other food-treats unless your swap partner specifically says they would not like any

Pay careful attention to any allergy/dietary requirements of your partner.

You must use a box - not a bubble-padded envelope - to post your package.

Packages shipped within a country must include Delivery Confirmation/Tracking

Please save your shipping receipt

Take a photo of your packed box before you ship it. Optionally, you can post the picture here in this thread as a 'teaser'!

Also optional, get a friend to film you opening your parcel when it arrives!

SIGN-UP POST INSTRUCTIONS

Please indicate weather you can post internationally

Please indicate which holiday you celebrate and/or if you would prefer a general season-themed box. Please also indicate your level of enthusiasm for theme, e.g. "I love winter themes soo much!" or "I just love things colourful and sparkly" or "Surprise me!".

In your wishlist, please be sure to list all allergies pertaining to this swap, food or otherwise.

Besides posting a link to your LPS wishlist, also provide information on other collections you'd like to add to, candy preferences, favorites, etc.

Please make sure your wishlist is up to date, and be careful with making purchases of things on your wishlist during swap-time.

If you list that you collect another toy, please link to either a wishlist or a list of what you already have of that toy line, to avoid being given what you already have. (You can make a new post in the 'off topic' section of this forum to list your other collection if needed)

The following template can be copy-pasted into a reply on this thread, and edited to contain all your information.

After you sign up, please PM me your address.

International Shipping? yes/no

Holiday Christmas/None/Hanukkah/Pancha Ganapati/Solstice etc

Season Winter/Summer

Themes, colours etc example: I love reindeer! I like pink and yellow, but I love Christmas colours...

Wishlist http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/MY_WISHLIST

Allergies/dietary requirements nuts/none/gluten/vegetarian/FODMAPs etc

Other collections none/baby buddies etc. [url]my_other_collection/wishlist.com[/url]

Interests reading, photography, Star Wars, gardening etc

Favorites Dolphins, miniatures, steampunk, butterflies etc

Candy preferences turkish delight/hard candy/gummy bears/caramel etc

Other example: I'd love to receive a custom, they're my favorite! I'd also love to have anything unique to your area.

Last edited by TequilaMockingbird on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You can't change your destiny, so change your attitude!
TequilaMockingbird

Re: 2017 Holiday Swap Sign Ups!

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:02 am

International Shipping? yes

Holiday: Non religious Christmas

Season Winter

Themes, colours etc example: Love vintage 50s style Christmas, snowmen, gingerbread, etc

Wishlist: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5290&p=31514#p31514

Allergies/dietary requirements: none but not a huge fan of nutty treats

Other collections: baby buddies, nature items (rocks, feathers, crystals,shells etc), hello kitty, twozies (looking for Season 3), miniatures, gnomes, fairies, trolls

Interests: reading, nature, gardening, yoga, meditation

Favorites: fish, birds, turtles, octopus, yellow

Candy preferences: chocolate/mint, chocolate/peanut butter, pez, teas/coffees, any fun holiday wrapped chocolates like saints, coins etc

Other example: I'd love to receive a custom (toy, artwork, card, anything), they're my favorite! I'd also love to have anything unique to your area.
Last edited by TequilaMockingbird on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TequilaMockingbird

Postby jeapos88 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:03 am

Holiday: none

Season Winter

Themes, colors etc example: snowmen, snowflakes, silver and blue

Wishlist: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5186

Allergies/dietary requirements: gluten, not a huge fan of nuts.

Other collections: tropical/hawaiian, books, sea turtles

Interests: reading, lord of the rings, star trek:tng, stargate , jewelry making,

Favorites: cute baby animals, cats, sea turtles, hawaii/tropical

Candy preferences: chocolate/mint, chocolate/peanut butter, kinder eggs if you're in an area where they're available

Other example: I love handmade items, unique items, things that represent your area or yourself.
I love cats, It's people I can't stand
jeapos88

Postby Waylah » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:25 am

Holiday Summer, any

Season Summer

Themes, colours: I like purple and cyan. Or the classic christmas red, gold, green, sliver. Or anything!

Wishlist viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339

Allergies/dietary requirements: Vegetarian - no gelitin (often in gummy lollies, marshmallows)

Other collections: sylvanian families/calico critters

Interests: miniatures, science, maths, Rick and Morty, stargate, nature, gardening, computer games, age of empires, Terry Pratchett, origami

Favorites: insects, peacock spiders, cute baby animals, tiny versions of anything!

Candy preferences: chocolate, caramel, raspberry

Other: I love to see what people crafty people like to make, or things local to your area
***Open for trade!*** looking for: 1993 case collar, mail-order puppies basket handle, and boxes and back cards

Wish list:http://www.vintagelpsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5339
Waylah

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:55 pm

Katgyrl, are you still in? Can everyone also send their current address as well. Looking forward to shopping!!
TequilaMockingbird

Postby katgyrl » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:23 am

I missed this being posted somehow! (Thanks Joey for messaging me!).

Holiday: Christmas! Both religious and fun!

Season: Winter :) I love all things snowy and sparkly!

Themes, colours etc: pretty much anything wintery/Christmasy! I love bright cheerful colors and contemporary simple lines. I would love to get an ornament to hang on my Christmas tree. I love handmade stuff.

Wishlist: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5201 (I updated it just now for our swap!)

Allergies/dietary requirements: I am Celiac so no gluten (wheat, barley, and malt are the big ones, also oats unless they are specifically gluten free)

Other collections: my little pony (mostly G1 but also some G3 and G4), monster high, ever after high, Barbie doll sized sewing notions and fabric with tiny prints, stamps, coins from foreign countries, reusable shopping totes, Lego Friends (and their pets especially),

Interests: sewing, gardening, farming, bustle era Victorian dresses

Favorites: goats!, Cats, gerbils, bats, basically any cute animal, winter animals, reindeer, turquoise and pink, all things sparkly and glittery, things made with fabric or wood, Hawaii, coconut (scent, taste, everything)

Candy preferences: cookies (gluten free) especially crunchy ones like shortbread, dark chocolate (Dove dark chocolate is divine), gummies, caramello, York peppermint patties, Glutino lemon wafers, Pamela's pecan shortbread cookies, Annie's gluten free bunny cookies, hot cocoa, candy canes

Other example: I love customs! and I do love anything unique to your area or that represents a way you celebrate the holidays!
katgyrl

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:18 pm

Happy Thanksgiving week for those of us celebrating! I sent out an email assigning partners, and just sent addresses to everyone. I'm not sure if its me or the site but I don't see the messages in my sent folder. Please let me know if you don't have an assigned partner yet and I'll message you again.

Good luck and have fun shopping and putting together your boxes! Please let me know asap if you are delayed or run into any trouble :D
TequilaMockingbird

Postby katgyrl » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:23 pm

I got my partner now! Excited to start shopping!
katgyrl

Re: 2017 Holiday Swap

Postby TequilaMockingbird » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:54 pm

How’s shopping going? Anyone else mail theirs yet? Here’s a teaser photo of my box. Sending tomorrow! :D
Attachments
230F8A52-531A-48C4-B9A7-1D2850EAFEFA.jpeg
TequilaMockingbird

Postby katgyrl » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:13 pm

Oh my goodness life totally got away from me! I've had my package ready for ages just haven't shipped it out because I was planning for my two daughters' birthdays that were last weekend. Well ship out asap and make sure it's priority!!
katgyrl

Postby jeapos88 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:38 am

My box will be late, sorry in advance to my partner! I'm shipping tomorrow, life has been a bit insane with siblings birthdays and an upcoming trip, again sorry!
I love cats, It's people I can't stand
jeapos88

Postby katgyrl » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:17 pm

My partner's box got mailed out today! Also, I got my swap box yesterday! I haven't had a chance to open it yet, hopefully later today!
katgyrl

Postby katgyrl » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:19 pm

Here's my teaser! I forgot until the box was all packed up and I didn't want to repack :lol:
Attachments
IMG_20171212_231502286.jpg
katgyrl

Postby katgyrl » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:40 pm

So I opened my box from Tequilamockingbird and am absolutely floored by what I found inside!!

Tons of yummy goodies, a Lego Friends set, two cool Monster High accessory sets, some coloring pads (the MLP I've I haven't found here so that's cool), and the very best part: an in-package splash and play mercat and puppy set!! :O This is even more amazingly cool because my sister and I had this set as kids, it was one of our favorites, and it was one that got lost. The packaging is pretty damaged but just to have this set again is so special.

Thank you so much Tequilamockingbird!!! You went far above and beyond! I could not be more thrilled with my swap package!
Attachments
IMG_20171217_212317.jpg
All the packages
IMG_20171217_212302.jpg
Everything opened
IMG_20171216_173343851.jpg
Merpets set!!
katgyrl

Return to Swaps